To Know is To Love Sabah
Selamat dtg ke ILSF... jgn segan & malu... sila login/daftar dan kongsikanlah idea2 & maklumat 'bernas' anda...

To Know is To Love Sabah

Anything about Sabah, the Land Below The Wind.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Harap anda semua sihat-walafiat, ceria, tenang & gembira ketika ini... selamat berforum... tq...
Hai...

*Never take life too serously... Nobody gets out alive anyway...
I Love Sabah Forum
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 49 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:37 pm
Latest topics
» Teknik Forex Sebenar Dan Cara Belajar Forex Malaysia
by SchulzCube Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:45 am

» Panduan Exam Online Penolong Pegawai Tadbir N29
by xbest Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:36 pm

» Rahsia Cikgu Jana RM60K Dgn Smartfon Android
by xbest Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:15 pm

» any new plan for celcom postpaid?
by popolan Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:32 am

» let's talk about telco plan
by tungkelly Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:02 pm

» Celcom will launched Iphone7 but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by popolan Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:19 am

» mana yg kamu urg suka, parampuan yg seksi ka atau parampuan yg purest?
by SchulzCube Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:16 am

» Lihat Bukti RM1200 Masuk Akaun CIMB
by xbest Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:42 am

» Rahsia Jana RM30,000 hanya dengan WeChat
by xbest Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:38 pm

» Rahsia Jana RM50K Seminggu Dgn FOREX
by xbest Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:41 am

» Teknik & Panduan Lulus Exam MUET
by xbest Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Jana RM60,000 SEBULAN Dengan UBER
by xbest Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:11 pm

» Bha mana jak tuh mauk line yang okay di Sabah ni?
by hahalove Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:16 pm

» Tips Jika Kereta Anda Di Langgar Dari Belakang
by SchulzCube Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:46 am

» Seminar Google Adwords GStep UP 2016
by xbest Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:48 am

» Shopping at Courts Mammoth?
by nurulazzin Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:10 pm

» First Gold upgrade
by carriefire Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:47 pm

» Tanda Tanda Demam Denggi Dan Ubat Demam Denggi Yang Berkesan
by SchulzCube Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:39 pm

» Jadi Jutawan Dgn Forex Sebenar
by xbest Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:45 pm

» Ubat Sakit Gout-Kencing Manis Dan Pelbagai Jenis Kanser Lain
by SchulzCube Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:40 am

ILSF Shoutbox
I Love Sabah Forum
I Love Sabah time
ILSF Links
Top posters
pukutarap

Yorut_orut

pukutarap.

romeo

Rungkud

alphawaves

paragasu

SiokSondri

laa

orud

December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
orud
Paranormal Master

Number of posts : 992
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:15 am

A number of studies have consistently demonstrated that those who have an advanced knowledge of the English language are much more likely to advance their careers. In addition to this, these studies have also demonstrated that a strong command of the English language will lead to higher paying jobs, more social mobility, and a great deal of social success.

No matter what career you choose, whether it is Engineering or History, having a powerful command of the English language will greatly increase your odds of success. Generally, your vocabulary will need to be equal to those who are in the same career field.

However, if you want to surpass your colleagues, and make yourself more marketable, you will need to increase you English skills, and make them superior to the other people who work in your field. While you may not realize it, people will judge you by the way you speak.

Barriers that you will need to Overcome

Most of us are familiar with how people feel about appearances, but the manner in which you speak is also important. Even if you are dressed nicely, using poor grammar will show that you are wolf in sheep's clothing. You might look nice on the outside, but you're not so nice on the inside. To succeed, you must focus on your appearance as well as your manner of speaking.

Most people underestimate the importance of mastering English. This is especially true for people who live in English speaking countries such as the United States or Great Britain. Because they are raised speaking the language, they don't feel that it is all that important. They think they can get by on the basic language classes they took in school while they were children.

However, only having a basic knowledge of English will not open career doors. If you speak only an average level of English, people will think you're average. If you speak in a manner that is eloquent, this will create a powerful impression.

The first barrier you will need to overcome is the belief that Basic English is enough. When I say Basic English, I'm referring to the English that most Americans speak on a daily basis. While the English language is comprised of about 700,000 words, the typical American only uses 50,000 in their day to day conversations. Most educated people who have earned a degree in college, or who read lots of books, will have a vocabulary that is closer to 100,000, twice the amount of the average American. These people are much more likely to land high paying jobs. To be successful, it must be your goal to learn 100,000 words or more.

Many people have a poor command of the English language because they don't read. I always laugh when I hear people say that they hate to read. These people don't realize that they are destroying their chances of being economically successful. Not only does reading allow you to build up your vocabulary, but it also allows you to become more informed, learning things about the world around you.

Reading can increase your IQ. Watching television cannot do this, and some would even argue that it does the opposite. The first step in speaking English property is to learn more words.

Take Classes, and Read More
Back to top Go down
pukutarap
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal

Number of posts : 5044
Humor : ambikmu.....!

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:02 pm

very good information.....now i know that there's a very good english teacher out there..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://ilovesabah.forumotion.net/forum.htm
orud
Paranormal Master

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:18 pm

pukutarap wrote:
very good information.....now i know that there's a very good english teacher out there..... Very Happy

Yes gaman. 'Out There'. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pukutarap
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:44 pm

yes gaman..... i wonder how do u look like in the real world, hihihihiiiii..... but what you said above are absolutely true.....
Back to top Go down
orud
Paranormal Master

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:53 pm

thanks mr gaman for the appreciations. honestly what have u seen here is same as out there. just look at my picture above..then its me! no more or less..hihihi..
Back to top Go down
pukutarap
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:06 pm

orud wrote:
Reading can increase your IQ. Watching television cannot do this, and some would even argue that it does the opposite. The first step in speaking English property is to learn more words.

Take Classes, and Read More
but gaman, i think i dont agree with this statement..... of course reading can increase our IQ, but for me, watching tv also can does the same..... and maybe much faster.....
Back to top Go down
Yorut_orut
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal

Male Number of posts : 4976
Humor : begitu laitu...
Registration date : 2008-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:24 pm

I think I dun need english in my career... lagipun bila timbang gatah semua pakai bahasa bm saja...urang2 dari LIGS pun kabanyakang dusung..hihihiiii
Back to top Go down
taksub
Lans Koperal
Lans Koperal

Male Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:48 am

Yorut_orut wrote:
I think I dun need english in my career... lagipun bila timbang gatah semua pakai bahasa bm saja...urang2 dari LIGS pun kabanyakang dusung..hihihiiii

very dare confession... and I seem to agree with it. Anyway... a little bit of english should be ok already. Unless u are a lawyer...
Back to top Go down
pukutarap
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:56 am

taksub wrote:
Yorut_orut wrote:
I think I dun need english in my
career... lagipun bila timbang gatah semua pakai bahasa bm
saja...urang2 dari LIGS pun kabanyakang dusung..hihihiiii

very
dare confession... and I seem to agree with it. Anyway... a little bit
of english should be ok already. Unless u are a lawyer...
yes, i agree wth you, even a little bit is an advantage already.....
Back to top Go down
alphawaves

Number of posts : 1799

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:07 am

i dont know english..so i write nothing here. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SiokSondri
Leftenan Kolonel

Male Number of posts : 1143
Humor : Siok ba tu...
Registration date : 2008-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:14 am

alpha.wave wrote:

hi hii... kao sakap apa ni alpha? mcm cakap urang putih saja ni.
Back to top Go down
alphawaves

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:17 am

SiokSondri wrote:
alpha.wave wrote:

Aikk..bukan sakapan banggali kaitu? ohh english kah pula..nah sori semua ya.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pak Belalang
Sarjan
Sarjan

Male Number of posts : 338

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:03 pm

ingilis,iinggilis,ingris,ai antah Pak B tia paham cakap inggilis,susa butul,orud apa arti itu patikan yang ko antar tu,buli kasi malayukah Pak B tia paham bah....hihihi Smile
Back to top Go down
Pak Belalang
Sarjan
Sarjan

Male Number of posts : 338

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:04 pm

alpha.wave wrote:
SiokSondri wrote:
alpha.wave wrote:

Aikk..bukan sakapan banggali kaitu? ohh english kah pula..nah sori semua ya.. Very Happy

alpha,bagitukah cakap banggali,Pak B ingat itu cakap jarman...hihihi Smile
Back to top Go down
pukutarap
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:12 am

orud wrote:
thanks mr gaman for the appreciations. honestly what have u seen here is same as out there. just look at my picture above..then its me! no more or less..hihihi..
yes, what you see here is same as out there...... i see you here as a very good english teacher, means you're really a good english teacher...... so. dont hesitate to teach us here gaman......
Back to top Go down
wewin
Lans Koperal
Lans Koperal

Male Number of posts : 151
Humor : Life is a journey.
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:27 am

I like your conversation here. Learn something new. No doubt Mr. Orud and Mr. Alpha are good English teachers. And I think Pak B also, suma dia malu2 mengaku saja tu. Have a nice English class to everyone... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gerejamaya.blogspot.com
pukutarap
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:54 pm

wewin wrote:
I like your conversation here. Learn something new. No doubt Mr. Orud and Mr. Alpha are good English teachers. And I think Pak B also, suma dia malu2 mengaku saja tu. Have a nice English class to everyone... Very Happy
naa see...... no doubt......
Back to top Go down
alphawaves

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:19 pm

pukutarap wrote:
wewin wrote:
naa see...... no doubt......

the most suitable candidate for the post is mr wewin, since he held a doctorate title, i believe english language is very easy to him and yes i do agree with sakapans that mr alpha dan mr orud are good teachers, but just a matter of comparison too. i love to mention here mr wewin himself can be a more better and best teacher would be.

So for ISLF members, what we waiting for? ask something and learn something from him.

And to Mr gaman pukutarap, since he is actively involved in education department (no doubt Very Happy) i think he can helps us to.

last but not least, thank you dr wewin and sigu pukutarap.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pukutarap
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:03 pm

alpha.wave wrote:
the most suitable candidate for the post is mr wewin, since he held a doctorate title, i believe english language is very easy to him and yes i do agree with sakapans that mr alpha dan mr orud are good teachers, but just a matter of comparison too. i love to mention here mr wewin himself can be a more better and best teacher would be.

So for ISLF members, what we waiting for? ask something and learn something from him.

And to Mr gaman pukutarap, since he is actively involved in education department (no doubt Very Happy) i think he can helps us to.

last but not least, thank you dr wewin and sigu pukutarap.. Very Happy
pangakuan barani..... sia rispik oo...... 'i think'..... hihihihihiiiiii si gaman inda baraaapa kompiden kalou pemutung gata yg mangajar ingglis.....
Back to top Go down
alphawaves

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:15 pm

indak jamu2 ohh si gaman..hihihi..
Back to top Go down
pukutarap
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:18 pm

if you can speak english, it definitely gives you confidence when talking to other people and also an advantage in your career.....
Back to top Go down
alphawaves

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:06 pm

pukutarap wrote:
if you can speak english, it definitely gives you confidence when talking to other people and also an advantage in your career.....

Another advantage by speak fluently is that u can easily befriend with caucasian girl..chances to getting them are widely opennnnnn!
Back to top Go down
pukutarap
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:45 pm

oh ya.....? wow, that's good......
Back to top Go down
alphawaves

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:31 am

pukutarap wrote:
oh ya.....? wow, that's good......

yes gaman..since english itself has been used worldwidely..no wonder we can talk various topics to many people, races dan countries.
Back to top Go down
pukutarap
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:46 am

and one think that i notice is whenever you want to write or say any motivation or inspiration words, it's very nice & sweet to hear it in english rather than in other languages..... if you translate it to bm also not so nice..... do you have any idea why it is like that? is it a reality or just a psychology effect, since we admire english a lot?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Today at 3:47 am

Back to top Go down

Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
To Know is To Love Sabah :: I LOVE SABAH Lobby :: Speak English-
Jump to: