To Know is To Love Sabah
Selamat dtg ke ILSF... jgn segan & malu... sila login/daftar dan kongsikanlah idea2 & maklumat 'bernas' anda...

To Know is To Love Sabah

Anything about Sabah, the Land Below The Wind.
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Harap anda semua sihat-walafiat, ceria, tenang & gembira ketika ini... selamat berforum... tq...
Hai...

*Never take life too serously... Nobody gets out alive anyway...
I Love Sabah Forum
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 49 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:37 pm
Latest topics
» Teknik Forex Sebenar Dan Cara Belajar Forex Malaysia
by SchulzCube Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:45 am

» Panduan Exam Online Penolong Pegawai Tadbir N29
by xbest Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:36 pm

» Rahsia Cikgu Jana RM60K Dgn Smartfon Android
by xbest Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:15 pm

» any new plan for celcom postpaid?
by popolan Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:32 am

» let's talk about telco plan
by tungkelly Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:02 pm

» Celcom will launched Iphone7 but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by popolan Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:19 am

» mana yg kamu urg suka, parampuan yg seksi ka atau parampuan yg purest?
by SchulzCube Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:16 am

» Lihat Bukti RM1200 Masuk Akaun CIMB
by xbest Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:42 am

» Rahsia Jana RM30,000 hanya dengan WeChat
by xbest Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:38 pm

» Rahsia Jana RM50K Seminggu Dgn FOREX
by xbest Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:41 am

» Teknik & Panduan Lulus Exam MUET
by xbest Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Jana RM60,000 SEBULAN Dengan UBER
by xbest Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:11 pm

» Bha mana jak tuh mauk line yang okay di Sabah ni?
by hahalove Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:16 pm

» Tips Jika Kereta Anda Di Langgar Dari Belakang
by SchulzCube Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:46 am

» Seminar Google Adwords GStep UP 2016
by xbest Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:48 am

» Shopping at Courts Mammoth?
by nurulazzin Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:10 pm

» First Gold upgrade
by carriefire Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:47 pm

» Tanda Tanda Demam Denggi Dan Ubat Demam Denggi Yang Berkesan
by SchulzCube Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:39 pm

» Jadi Jutawan Dgn Forex Sebenar
by xbest Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:45 pm

» Ubat Sakit Gout-Kencing Manis Dan Pelbagai Jenis Kanser Lain
by SchulzCube Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:40 am

ILSF Shoutbox
I Love Sabah Forum
I Love Sabah time
ILSF Links
Top posters
pukutarap
 
Yorut_orut
 
pukutarap.
 
romeo
 
Rungkud
 
alphawaves
 
paragasu
 
SiokSondri
 
laa
 
orud
 
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
alphawaves
Moderator
Moderator


Number of posts : 1799
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:24 am

i have not very aware about this matter. why very nice & so sweets to hear it other than any languages?

firstly because english language itself not an stand alone language, it borrowed many other foreign languages such as german, latino (spain, portugal and off course some words from roman country) to enrich the vocabulary.

other things in my speculatively opinion..i have notice too that malay language seems limited to it certain words when translated. while in english there are many meanings for a word. may be it caused by the words absorbed from other countries as i mentioned before.. so what i can say here.. when we read any word in english specially for these motivation or inspiration words..in a certain abstract word..we can put the best word to make it more beautiful and meaningfully..

Ps: i dont know mr gaman..my english correct or not..i just main hantam saja..forgive me for any errors.


Last edited by alpha.wave on Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pukutarap
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal


Number of posts : 5044
Location : sini sabah
Humor : ambikmu.....!
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:55 pm

tq gaman, i think i got something from your opinion above...... we feel that inspiration & motivation words in english are very nice and sweet to hear because english itself is a combination of many languages.... means that english is very rich in term of vocabulary..... and like you said, a word in english can gives several meanings..... ok you see this one.....

"don't let the light in you become dark, because if your whole body is bright and none of it is dark, then you will shine bright like lightning even in the very dark of the night....."

"jangan biarkan terang di dlm kamu menjadi gelap, kerana jika seluruh diri anda terang dan tiada yg gelap, maka anda akan bersinar terang spt kilat walau dlm keadaan malam yg amat gelap....."

what's your comment?
Back to top Go down
http://ilovesabah.forumotion.net/forum.htm
alphawaves
Moderator
Moderator


Number of posts : 1799
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:01 pm

Ruangan ini saya pindahkan di English Section.
Back to top Go down
pukutarap
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal


Number of posts : 5044
Location : sini sabah
Humor : ambikmu.....!
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:10 pm

pukutarap wrote:
tq gaman, i think i got something from your opinion above...... we feel that inspiration & motivation words in english are very nice and sweet to hear because english itself is a combination of many languages.... means that english is very rich in term of vocabulary..... and like you said, a word in english can gives several meanings..... ok you see this one.....

"don't let the light in you become dark, because if your whole body is bright and none of it is dark, then you will shine bright like lightning even in the very dark of the night....."

"jangan biarkan terang di dlm kamu menjadi gelap, kerana jika seluruh diri anda terang dan tiada yg gelap, maka anda akan bersinar terang spt kilat walau dlm keadaan malam yg amat gelap....."

what's your comment?
for me, the english one is nicer..... i dont know why, maybe it's something to do with psychological effect since we know & aware that english is an international language..... maybe.....
Back to top Go down
http://ilovesabah.forumotion.net/forum.htm
alphawaves
Moderator
Moderator


Number of posts : 1799
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:17 pm

pukutarap wrote:
pukutarap wrote:
tq gaman, i think i got something from your opinion above...... we feel that inspiration & motivation words in english are very nice and sweet to hear because english itself is a combination of many languages.... means that english is very rich in term of vocabulary..... and like you said, a word in english can gives several meanings..... ok you see this one.....

"don't let the light in you become dark, because if your whole body is bright and none of it is dark, then you will shine bright like lightning even in the very dark of the night....."

"jangan biarkan terang di dlm kamu menjadi gelap, kerana jika seluruh diri anda terang dan tiada yg gelap, maka anda akan bersinar terang spt kilat walau dlm keadaan malam yg amat gelap....."

what's your comment?
for me, the english one is nicer..... i dont know why, maybe it's something to do with psychological effect since we know & aware that english is an international language..... maybe.....

I am very sorry for this gaman..Oh my God, i never realised that i suppose to answer your question before.
Back to top Go down
pukutarap
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal


Number of posts : 5044
Location : sini sabah
Humor : ambikmu.....!
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:22 pm

never mind gaman, i used already to answer my own questions..... Smile Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://ilovesabah.forumotion.net/forum.htm
alphawaves
Moderator
Moderator


Number of posts : 1799
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:39 pm

pukutarap wrote:
never mind gaman, i used already to answer my own questions..... Smile Rolling Eyes

These sentences puzzling me mr gaman? What is that means actually.
Back to top Go down
pukutarap
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal


Number of posts : 5044
Location : sini sabah
Humor : ambikmu.....!
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:47 pm

hihihihihiiiiii i'm very sorry gaman for my broken engglish..... hihihiihiiiii..... what i meant was "sia biasa sdh manjawab sualan sendiri.....", means i answer my own question because no response from other members...... tq gaman for your comment.....
Back to top Go down
http://ilovesabah.forumotion.net/forum.htm
alphawaves
Moderator
Moderator


Number of posts : 1799
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:22 pm

Not a comment Mr Gaman, it's not more than a question to you actually,as a very newbie in english writing i have to learn many tips and tricks. so i tought the way of your writing is the newest method. i had never assume it as broken english or whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
meck_talika
Kapten
Kapten


Male Number of posts : 914
Location : kb-km
Humor : otonob po maa ilo tadau nga waro no BINABANG ku
Registration date : 2008-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:32 pm

waaahhh,sampin you all ah speaking english.i hope soonlah,i'll be the same as you all guys..
Back to top Go down
Yorut_orut
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal


Male Number of posts : 4976
Location : Sandakan
Humor : begitu laitu...
Registration date : 2008-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:01 pm

back to topic "why speaking proper english is important for your career", I just could not figure out why proper english is important for our career. In my opinion..as long as we understand english and can converse in simple english, that's okay for our career.... unless of course if our job is teaching english subject. What is the connection of proper english and our career?........ It all depends on what our career is, isn't it?....
Back to top Go down
Rungkud
FIELD MARSHAL
FIELD MARSHAL


Male Number of posts : 2055
Location : LDU-KUDAT
Humor : Senang runding punya...
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:09 pm

Yorut_orut wrote:
back to topic "why speaking proper english is important for your career", I just could not figure out why proper english is important for our career. In my opinion..as long as we understand english and can converse in simple english, that's okay for our career.... unless of course if our job is teaching english subject. What is the connection of proper english and our career?........ It all depends on what our career is, isn't it?....

I agree with you mr.sarjan orut. Language is just a communication tools. No matter if your english not so good, as log as you can communicate others ( if english is required), thats good enough. The environment includes a job's place will influence and sometimes obstruct us to improve our english. If your colleagues totally not speking english, soon or later your english will be decline as well.

P/s: Mr.jeneral pukutarap..correct me please...don't korek@kurik, I am not a...??? ha..ha..
Back to top Go down
http://runguskudatblog.extrablog.net
Noy Arscela
Prebet
Prebet


Female Number of posts : 52
Age : 32
Location : Kota Marudu
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:39 pm

SiokSondri wrote:
alpha.wave wrote:
i dont know english..so i write nothing here. Very Happy

hi hii... kao sakap apa ni alpha? mcm cakap urang putih saja ni.

Tobpinai Alpha, what a funny joke. Laughing
U said u dunno english but instead u r already reveal urself by ur writing.
U said u wrote nothing here but I've already quoted yours.
Btw, I think that u r very humble and kind person.
Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.sabah.edu.my/itls07013
Noy Arscela
Prebet
Prebet


Female Number of posts : 52
Age : 32
Location : Kota Marudu
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:53 pm

In my opinion, speaking English is not necessary to gain success.
If u guys know the late Lim Goh Tong, the founder of Cameron Highlands, he's not educated at all but become a very successful person in Malaysia.
He didn't know how to speak English..but he got talent and never give up to build his dream.
He said that English is important but not necessary to become the most richest businessman in Malaysia.If u don't have the talent, then let other person to help u...
Back to top Go down
http://www.sabah.edu.my/itls07013
Yorut_orut
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal


Male Number of posts : 4976
Location : Sandakan
Humor : begitu laitu...
Registration date : 2008-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:59 pm

english is just an advantage...
Back to top Go down
Rungkud
FIELD MARSHAL
FIELD MARSHAL


Male Number of posts : 2055
Location : LDU-KUDAT
Humor : Senang runding punya...
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:51 pm

Yorut_orut wrote:
english is just an advantage...

At least you can entertain an outsiders guest or tourist who is visit our country.
Back to top Go down
http://runguskudatblog.extrablog.net
alphawaves
Moderator
Moderator


Number of posts : 1799
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:05 pm

While i agreed to your opinions. it's undeniable that speak proper english is an advantage among friends. compared to the other who is average, those who can speak english very well gained more respect from public, job opportunities widely open, i guess so.

and i dont know..in certain cases, some people look more comfortable dealing with people who well versed.
Back to top Go down
pukutarap
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal


Number of posts : 5044
Location : sini sabah
Humor : ambikmu.....!
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:20 pm

Noy Arscela wrote:
SiokSondri wrote:
alpha.wave wrote:
i dont know english..so i write nothing here. Very Happy

hi hii... kao sakap apa ni alpha? mcm cakap urang putih saja ni.

Tobpinai Alpha, what a funny joke. Laughing
U said u dunno english but instead u r already reveal urself by ur writing.
U said u wrote nothing here but I've already quoted yours.
Btw, I think that u r very humble and kind person.
Wink
aduinaaaaa..... adalah yg mangambang ni.... Razz
Back to top Go down
http://ilovesabah.forumotion.net/forum.htm
alphawaves
Moderator
Moderator


Number of posts : 1799
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:24 pm

ehemmm..sikit saja bah gaman..nah jgn kau bilang nanti "masam saya tesium bau2 sudah lah gaman.." hihihi..
Back to top Go down
pukutarap
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal


Number of posts : 5044
Location : sini sabah
Humor : ambikmu.....!
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:30 pm

one thing that we may forget..... although it depends on what career you're undertaking, it is still very good if we can speak proper english. Never mind if you're a school gardener, but if you have a very good command in english, all the teachers will respect you. So, it doesn't matter what's your career, we should improve our english.
Back to top Go down
http://ilovesabah.forumotion.net/forum.htm
alphawaves
Moderator
Moderator


Number of posts : 1799
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:42 pm

Very good point sigu. no wonder because most sigu's task is to encourage their student to learn more and more.
Back to top Go down
pukutarap
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal


Number of posts : 5044
Location : sini sabah
Humor : ambikmu.....!
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:48 pm

hihihihihihiiiiii teacher alpa is still fishing...... hihihihiiiiii..... luckily i'm full already, so don't need bait..... hihihihiiiiii.....
Back to top Go down
http://ilovesabah.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Noy Arscela
Prebet
Prebet


Female Number of posts : 52
Age : 32
Location : Kota Marudu
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:02 pm

pukutarap wrote:
one thing that we may forget..... although it depends on what career you're undertaking, it is still very good if we can speak proper english. Never mind if you're a school gardener, but if you have a very good command in english, all the teachers will respect you. So, it doesn't matter what's your career, we should improve our english.

I do agree with your opinion. In fact, English is one of the international languages.
But, when we're talking about how important English is, we shouldn't forget our origin languages though.
We do see nowadays how sad our new generations don't know how to speak Dusun while their parents are pure Dusun.
Instead, kids todays speak English fluently but lack of Dusun cultures.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sabah.edu.my/itls07013
meck_talika
Kapten
Kapten


Male Number of posts : 914
Location : kb-km
Humor : otonob po maa ilo tadau nga waro no BINABANG ku
Registration date : 2008-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:27 am

me too,a lot to say 'i do' agree.hey,jus' take a look our grads,none all of 'em huv an ability to conquering english language.while at the backlash,they buried their own mother tongue...so saddd.now,we facing about our career,everyday english is just for the higher officer,while the lower jus' brings the recession and become mono-lingual.they oughta know but they might says,english is not very important at last.
Back to top Go down
rumputt
Prebet
Prebet


Male Number of posts : 49
Age : 35
Location : Komuniti Utara Sabah
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:29 pm

sorry coz menyalat here but just want to join to help myself to improve my english....Smile because huh! very weak...
Back to top Go down
http://utarasabah.net
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Today at 1:49 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
To Know is To Love Sabah :: I LOVE SABAH Lobby :: Speak English-
Jump to: