To Know is To Love Sabah
Selamat dtg ke ILSF... jgn segan & malu... sila login/daftar dan kongsikanlah idea2 & maklumat 'bernas' anda...

To Know is To Love Sabah

Anything about Sabah, the Land Below The Wind.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Harap anda semua sihat-walafiat, ceria, tenang & gembira ketika ini... selamat berforum... tq...
Hai...

*Never take life too serously... Nobody gets out alive anyway...
I Love Sabah Forum
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 49 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:37 pm
Latest topics
» Teknik Forex Sebenar Dan Cara Belajar Forex Malaysia
by SchulzCube Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:45 am

» Panduan Exam Online Penolong Pegawai Tadbir N29
by xbest Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:36 pm

» Rahsia Cikgu Jana RM60K Dgn Smartfon Android
by xbest Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:15 pm

» any new plan for celcom postpaid?
by popolan Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:32 am

» let's talk about telco plan
by tungkelly Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:02 pm

» Celcom will launched Iphone7 but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by popolan Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:19 am

» mana yg kamu urg suka, parampuan yg seksi ka atau parampuan yg purest?
by SchulzCube Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:16 am

» Lihat Bukti RM1200 Masuk Akaun CIMB
by xbest Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:42 am

» Rahsia Jana RM30,000 hanya dengan WeChat
by xbest Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:38 pm

» Rahsia Jana RM50K Seminggu Dgn FOREX
by xbest Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:41 am

» Teknik & Panduan Lulus Exam MUET
by xbest Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Jana RM60,000 SEBULAN Dengan UBER
by xbest Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:11 pm

» Bha mana jak tuh mauk line yang okay di Sabah ni?
by hahalove Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:16 pm

» Tips Jika Kereta Anda Di Langgar Dari Belakang
by SchulzCube Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:46 am

» Seminar Google Adwords GStep UP 2016
by xbest Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:48 am

» Shopping at Courts Mammoth?
by nurulazzin Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:10 pm

» First Gold upgrade
by carriefire Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:47 pm

» Tanda Tanda Demam Denggi Dan Ubat Demam Denggi Yang Berkesan
by SchulzCube Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:39 pm

» Jadi Jutawan Dgn Forex Sebenar
by xbest Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:45 pm

» Ubat Sakit Gout-Kencing Manis Dan Pelbagai Jenis Kanser Lain
by SchulzCube Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:40 am

ILSF Shoutbox
I Love Sabah Forum
I Love Sabah time
ILSF Links
Top posters
pukutarap

Yorut_orut

pukutarap.

romeo

Rungkud

alphawaves

paragasu

SiokSondri

laa

orud

December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
alphawaves

Number of posts : 1799
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:37 pm

Noy Arscela wrote:
pukutarap wrote:
one thing that we may forget..... although it depends on what career you're undertaking, it is still very good if we can speak proper english. Never mind if you're a school gardener, but if you have a very good command in english, all the teachers will respect you. So, it doesn't matter what's your career, we should improve our english.

I do agree with your opinion. In fact, English is one of the international languages.
But, when we're talking about how important English is, we shouldn't forget our origin languages though.
We do see nowadays how sad our new generations don't know how to speak Dusun while their parents are pure Dusun.
Instead, kids todays speak English fluently but lack of Dusun cultures.

Thanks for your sincere opinion Noy. Talking about our new generations who speak English fluently..

1. I think it's more better than talking Malay fluently. I have found everywhere in KDMs' family where they more comfortable to communicate in malay to their kids. When their children growing up, all the conversations just available in malay. but..remember! Malay language mentioned here is sabahan malay dialect! nearly sounded like indonesian..ok, but through my exprience..when i sailed abroad..especially in SM. when i talk malay to them (malay people) i can feel that they seem dont agree or dont permit me to use that language. they threat me like i am an indian or chinese people based on the way they talked to me. just imagine..the words of " serupa juga tarak sama". in proper malay it's suppose to conversed as " sama juga tidak sama". the latter sentence usually they use when speak to chinese and indian people.

2. You said "kids todays speak English fluently but lack of Dusun cultures" do you have more explanations the term of speaking and culture..what are they relations? because for me..speaking and cultures are two different aspects..some people speak in foreign languages but yet stick to their culture.

Thank you Noy.
Back to top Go down
alphawaves

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:41 pm

rumputt wrote:
sorry coz menyalat here but just want to join to help myself to improve my english....Smile because huh! very weak...

Of course we welcome everyone here sir rumputt..if you have any confusion related to english language, just post it here,,then our friends will discuss it.
Back to top Go down
Noy Arscela
Prebet
Prebet

Female Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:57 am

Quote :
You said "kids todays speak English fluently but lack of Dusun cultures" do you have more explanations the term of speaking and culture..what are they relations?

Well dear Alpha,

What I meant from my statements above is speaking shows language. And surely language shows culture.

Language, should be an integrated component of culture and language learning is also cultural learning. The interaction and relation between culture learning and language acquisition are very complicated.

On the one hand, it is necessary to examine the impact of KDM traditional and modern cultural principles on children English language learning. On the other hand, to probe into the personality development in the process of learning a foreign culture and a foreign language will also provide us insight for psychological description of cultural conflict in the process of absorbing and blending.

In some cases, when KDM children are arriving at a higher stage of foreign language learning, they benefit from an interaction between the two cultural systems, their native culture identity is strengthened and broadened while foreign culture understanding and empathy are gained. The incorporation of the two cultures may generate enormous creative energy and multiple new outcomes. These may include an improved language aptitude, increased cognitive ability and enhanced affective disposition.So, here is the relation why they need to gain both of the foreign language (English) and native culture (KDM cultures) together.

In this case, the KDM children cultural identity is always native culture, but an enriched, expanded and elevated native culture. It changes from a natural, pre reflective native culture to a fully conscious, more reflective native culture, while an deep understanding of foreign culture is developed.

Besides, the process also witnesses the personality growth of our new generations, whose sense and appreciation of native culture becomes more complex. They will gain an expanded and deepened insight of the native culture in general. The children with proficiency in both languages and cultures, and in addition, with a critical, open and creative mind, are more likely to make contributions to cross cultural communication and enhance the well being of various cultures.

They are both new native culture citizens and new multicultural citizens valuable for the world civilization in the coming new century. But dear Alpha, unfortunately, not all of KDM new generations can attain the goal of multicultural identity.This is what I meant..
Back to top Go down
http://www.sabah.edu.my/itls07013
Yorut_orut
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal

Male Number of posts : 4976
Humor : begitu laitu...
Registration date : 2008-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:20 pm

While we encourage our people (Momogun) to mastered english language in order to compete in the career field, we must aslo never forget that learning of our Mother tongue is essential for the sake of our cultural survival. Sadly to say....only a hand full of youngster nowadays shows interest in learning their mother tongue. They fail to see the importance of restoring the culture....to them modernization is far more important so that the other races and outsiders (tourist) will not regard them as less civilize people. They do not know what actually the outsiders (tourist) want to see in our beloved country "Sabah Land Below The Wind".
Noy...
You may start a new career, heading NGO who seriously promotes Momogun culture
with the restoration of mother tongue as your priority....hahaha..
Back to top Go down
alphawaves

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:50 pm

Thank you Ms Noy. It's a good explanations. Razz
Back to top Go down
pukutarap
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal

Number of posts : 5044
Humor : ambikmu.....!

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:07 pm

i met an old man last week, he can speak english very well..... far better than me..... he's only a farmer, i don't know where he learned english...... i really admire him..... my point is, when you're good in english, you will have the confidence in presenting yourself to the public..... that's why we must try our very best to improve our english.....
Back to top Go down
http://ilovesabah.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Yorut_orut
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:51 am

pukutarap wrote:
i met an old man last week, he can speak english very well..... far better than me..... he's only a farmer, i don't know where he learned english...... i really admire him..... my point is, when you're good in english, you will have the confidence in presenting yourself to the public..... that's why we must try our very best to improve our english.....

I agree with this tompinai.. once I was warded ind the hospital for treatment. Some of the nurses 'sepeking' english "talking behind" me... seeing that I am kampungans, they talk what thry like la.... when I answer them..they grin with sour grin...from that day they stopped "talking behind" me..... ino no kangku kada kotombirang...
Back to top Go down
meck_talika
Kapten
Kapten

Male Number of posts : 914
Humor : otonob po maa ilo tadau nga waro no BINABANG ku

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:53 pm

Yorut_orut wrote:

..they grin with sour grin...from that day they stopped "talking behind" me..... ino no kangku kada kotombirang...

that's sooo grim...hahaha,so careful what we talking about.
Back to top Go down
Noy Arscela
Prebet
Prebet

Female Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:45 pm

Yorut_orut wrote:

Noy...
You may start a new career, heading NGO who seriously promotes Momogun culture
with the restoration of mother tongue as your priority....hahaha..

Woww Yorut_Orut, that's too far. hahahahaaa..
It's hard but not impossible. Anyway, wish me luck!

Surprised
Back to top Go down
http://www.sabah.edu.my/itls07013
Yorut_orut
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:50 pm

Ya.. I wish you good luck this year..hopefully you get many costumer....more jobs coming in...
Back to top Go down
orud
Paranormal Master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:17 am

Yorut_orut wrote:
Ya.. I wish you good luck this year..hopefully you get many costumer....more jobs coming in...

forgive me Sir orut. i have seen an error in ur sentence:

maybe you mean ==> hopefully you get many customers.
Back to top Go down
Rungkud
FIELD MARSHAL
FIELD MARSHAL

Male Number of posts : 2055
Humor : Senang runding punya...
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:45 am

orud wrote:
Yorut_orut wrote:

You still have an enough time to delebrate the sentence include a spelling...fantastic... mr.orud
Back to top Go down
http://runguskudatblog.extrablog.net
niche
Special Rank

Number of posts : 599

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:56 pm

tq mr.orud... good, let's teach to each other to improve our english...
Back to top Go down
Yorut_orut
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:55 pm

Rungkud wrote:
orud wrote:
Yorut_orut wrote:

You still have an enough time to delebrate the sentence include a spelling...fantastic... mr.orud
Thank you mr. orud for the correcting my grammar. I hope you will continue doing so, so that I can improve my grammar each day through ilsf.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
pukutarap
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal

Number of posts : 5044
Humor : ambikmu.....!

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:27 pm

wow, this is what we want..... we need someone to guide us here..... tq mr.orud/gaman.....
Back to top Go down
http://ilovesabah.forumotion.net/forum.htm
meck_talika
Kapten
Kapten

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:02 pm

teach me,guide me....i need someone to constructs my english....
Back to top Go down
alphawaves

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:18 pm

pukutarap wrote:
wow, this is what we want..... we need someone to guide us here..... tq mr.orud/gaman.....

it's hard to see you nowadays Mr Gaman. Hope everythings going to be ok ya. anyway we are really missed you Lansar's conversations.
Back to top Go down
meck_talika
Kapten
Kapten

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:44 pm

where huv you been this long tuan jeneral puku?hope you'll enjoy your new resident,it's must be nice environment.but,plez always in touch wit us here,ISLF.
Back to top Go down
Rungkud
FIELD MARSHAL
FIELD MARSHAL

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:47 pm

Just suppose, Ilsf is ur 2nd resident mr.jeneral.
Back to top Go down
Yorut_orut
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:42 pm

meck_talika wrote:
where huv you been this long tuan jeneral puku?hope you'll enjoy your new resident,it's must be nice environment.but,plez always in touch wit us here,ISLF.

My grammar is bad too mr. Meck_talika but I think your sentence above should be like this, " It's environment must be nice" or "it must be nice environment".
I hope our teacher will make further correction...

And yes... I also think that mr. pukutarap new residence must be better...
Back to top Go down
orud
Paranormal Master

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:16 am

Yorut_orut wrote:
meck_talika wrote:

My grammar is bad too mr. Meck_talika but I think your sentence above should be like this, " It's environment must be nice" or "it must be nice environment".
I hope our teacher will make further correction...

And yes... I also think that mr. pukutarap new residence must be better...

I agree with u Gaman Orut. i have no further explanations. Very Happy, but how if the sentence mentioned like this "its environment must be nice" (we dont use apostrope here)?
Back to top Go down
Rungkud
FIELD MARSHAL
FIELD MARSHAL

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:55 pm

No explanation required anymore, the puzzle being answered by you mr.orud.
Back to top Go down
Yorut_orut
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:57 pm

thank you orud... you are right, apostrope there is an error..
Back to top Go down
Rungkud
FIELD MARSHAL
FIELD MARSHAL

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:54 pm

How to defferetiate between "its" and "it's"?

Its means in malay is "dia punya/nya"
It's in full reading is it is, in malay "ianya/ialah"

If I not mistaken lah..
Back to top Go down
orud
Paranormal Master

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:21 pm

Rungkud wrote:
How to defferetiate between "its" and "it's"?

Its means in malay is "dia punya/nya"
It's in full reading is it is, in malay "ianya/ialah"

If I not mistaken lah..

That is correct Mr rungkud.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.   Today at 3:52 pm

Back to top Go down

Why Speaking Proper English is Important for your Career.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
To Know is To Love Sabah :: I LOVE SABAH Lobby :: Speak English-
Jump to: