To Know is To Love Sabah
Selamat dtg ke ILSF... jgn segan & malu... sila login/daftar dan kongsikanlah idea2 & maklumat 'bernas' anda...

To Know is To Love Sabah

Anything about Sabah, the Land Below The Wind.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Harap anda semua sihat-walafiat, ceria, tenang & gembira ketika ini... selamat berforum... tq...
Hai...

*Never take life too serously... Nobody gets out alive anyway...
I Love Sabah Forum
Who is online?
In total there is 0 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 49 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:37 pm
Latest topics
» Teknik Forex Sebenar Dan Cara Belajar Forex Malaysia
by SchulzCube Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:45 am

» Panduan Exam Online Penolong Pegawai Tadbir N29
by xbest Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:36 pm

» Rahsia Cikgu Jana RM60K Dgn Smartfon Android
by xbest Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:15 pm

» any new plan for celcom postpaid?
by popolan Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:32 am

» let's talk about telco plan
by tungkelly Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:02 pm

» Celcom will launched Iphone7 but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by popolan Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:19 am

» mana yg kamu urg suka, parampuan yg seksi ka atau parampuan yg purest?
by SchulzCube Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:16 am

» Lihat Bukti RM1200 Masuk Akaun CIMB
by xbest Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:42 am

» Rahsia Jana RM30,000 hanya dengan WeChat
by xbest Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:38 pm

» Rahsia Jana RM50K Seminggu Dgn FOREX
by xbest Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:41 am

» Teknik & Panduan Lulus Exam MUET
by xbest Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Jana RM60,000 SEBULAN Dengan UBER
by xbest Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:11 pm

» Bha mana jak tuh mauk line yang okay di Sabah ni?
by hahalove Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:16 pm

» Tips Jika Kereta Anda Di Langgar Dari Belakang
by SchulzCube Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:46 am

» Seminar Google Adwords GStep UP 2016
by xbest Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:48 am

» Shopping at Courts Mammoth?
by nurulazzin Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:10 pm

» First Gold upgrade
by carriefire Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:47 pm

» Tanda Tanda Demam Denggi Dan Ubat Demam Denggi Yang Berkesan
by SchulzCube Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:39 pm

» Jadi Jutawan Dgn Forex Sebenar
by xbest Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:45 pm

» Ubat Sakit Gout-Kencing Manis Dan Pelbagai Jenis Kanser Lain
by SchulzCube Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:40 am

ILSF Shoutbox
I Love Sabah Forum
I Love Sabah time
ILSF Links
Top posters
pukutarap

Yorut_orut

pukutarap.

romeo

Rungkud

alphawaves

paragasu

SiokSondri

laa

orud

December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

the english version 'sasau ala canggung'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Rungkud
FIELD MARSHAL
FIELD MARSHAL

Male Number of posts : 2055
Humor : Senang runding punya...
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: the english version 'sasau ala canggung'   Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:23 pm

Yorut_orut wrote:
alphawaves wrote:
I guess Mr Orut. U must be an LCEs or MCEs certificate's holder. Am I right? Very Happy

You guess it wrong alpha... I passed form one only. however informal education never cease...

Still fishing each other...he..he..
Back to top Go down
http://runguskudatblog.extrablog.net
orud
Paranormal Master

Number of posts : 992
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: the english version 'sasau ala canggung'   Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:22 am

Rungkud wrote:
Yorut_orut wrote:
alphawaves wrote:
I guess Mr Orut. U must be an LCEs or MCEs certificate's holder. Am I right? Very Happy

You guess it wrong alpha... I passed form one only. however informal education never cease...

Still fishing each other...he..he..

agree with u mr rungkud, they never feel tired of fishing. hehehe..
Back to top Go down
Rungkud
FIELD MARSHAL
FIELD MARSHAL

Male Number of posts : 2055
Humor : Senang runding punya...
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: the english version 'sasau ala canggung'   Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:35 am

Don't stop, just keep going as long as the answerless question not answered yet.
Back to top Go down
http://runguskudatblog.extrablog.net
meck_talika
Kapten
Kapten

Male Number of posts : 914
Humor : otonob po maa ilo tadau nga waro no BINABANG ku
Registration date : 2008-09-16

PostSubject: Re: the english version 'sasau ala canggung'   Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:13 pm

the 2008 was stepped down.the goal that we achieved in that year may precious,sweet and unforgetable.of cos,it really was...

but some story goes remains the same.politics...the politicians lucratively money fund nor has put this state(sabah) on the brink of poverty.rungkud says,sabah was the poorest state in malaysia with a domain percentage 23%.i feel so grim with this fact.

the 2009 budget goes like this...500 millions fund for develops rural infrastructurs in sabah and sarawak.too much to see my lovely folk at the muddy bank of the wiskah next few years.NOTHING EVER HAPPEN,YET TO COME.

how many of our leaders huv reached intelektual enlightenment?they fly 360 degrees in circles above us like bald-headed eagles seemingly closer to heaven yet never quite able to swoop down on their prey;the true culprits of corruption,here in humble earth.so,see..500 millions(perhaps,250 millions for sabah) is just fit enough to their big pockets.

in sabah,what is our economic trojan horse that would provide a float thru the rainy day?the budget should huv provided us with an analysis of what sabah really needs.

how else we can protect ourselves in the present economic climate unless we improve access and infrastructure between rural and urban areas,providing bigger subsidies to farmers and assisting them with the distribution channels that would alleviate the rural poor from their doldrums into a more sustainable middle class.

all we could see is nothing for us but perhaps..the PTIs gets more pampered at all,more comfortable than we are.kesianlah pengusaha sawit soporti si orut dan ntah masamanalah kaadaan gata si tuan pukutarap tanpa sabarang subsidi karajaan sabagai bantuan.

this is my another conclusion,my sasau...again to feels that's crawling in my veins.i can't focused anymore on my grammar,i know it's too bad but it couldn't daunt me.as long as i knew,a lot of guddy pals(my teachers) would donate their ideas and solutions here,ISLF.
Back to top Go down
Yorut_orut
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal

Male Number of posts : 4976
Humor : begitu laitu...

PostSubject: Re: the english version 'sasau ala canggung'   Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:37 pm

Your grammar is not too bad mr. meck... but of course need some corrections. However I am here not to make any correction today. I just like to comment on what you have said. I agree with you...time and time again the budget for sabah was said to be among the big sum of money...but where does it exactly goes? I give you an example.. Kawasan pilihanraya in my place belongs to Musa Aman but we still depends on water tank to store rain water. You can imagine how difficult it for us to minimize the use of water. we have to carry water for the toilet, we use muddy water to bath, for washing clothes and car. the white shirt become yellowist in color. Once Musa Aman gave pvc water tank..you know how big is it? Its capacity is 900 liters only! even we use it only for cooking, drinking, and washing plates, it lasted for a week only. Our road also are too bad for cars, sometimes even 4x4 could not get through it..... SO WHERE DID EXACTLY THE BIG ALLOCATIONS FOR SABAH GONE TO??
Back to top Go down
meck_talika
Kapten
Kapten

PostSubject: Re: the english version 'sasau ala canggung'   Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:29 pm

tq orut.maybe,i lost my sight when my idea on working....hhehe.any correction...so pleased.
Back to top Go down
Yorut_orut
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal

PostSubject: Re: the english version 'sasau ala canggung'   Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:16 pm

sorry meck takut tikus baiki labu pula.... lagipun your story is too long..so I just don't know where to begin.
Back to top Go down
meck_talika
Kapten
Kapten

PostSubject: Re: the english version 'sasau ala canggung'   Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:25 pm

never mind,it's gonna be ok anyway orut.how can i resolves my mistake(niguru sakap 'my bad) if nobody give an instruction to me.
Back to top Go down
Yorut_orut
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal

PostSubject: Re: the english version 'sasau ala canggung'   Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:25 am

meck_talika wrote:
never mind,it's gonna be ok anyway orut.how can i resolves my mistake(niguru sakap 'my bad) if nobody give an instruction to me.

Ok..here is some tips for you meck.
Now..when we use proper english in writing, we do not use short form like, there's, it's I've... We should write it in full.. 'there is' 'it is' 'I have'. Likewise, the use of words like, gonna, wanna, dunno... is not a proper written english.
Singkatan seperti I've, there's cuma salah dari segi format sahaja, bukan kesalahan besar sebenarnya. Manakala gonna, wanna, dunno.. tidak diperbolehkan dalam penulisan sebab dari segi ejaan pun ianya langsung bukan bahasa inggeris. Apa yang saya maksudkan di sini ialah dari segi formality sahaja (contohnya bila mengisi borang atau menulis surat rasmi). Kalau bukan formal/rasmi ... lantak lah apa saja short form ka, dialek kesukaan ka..tidak jadi masalah.

Dari segi vocabulary pula, kita kenalah berusaha memperkayakan pengetahuan vocabulary supaya kita tau bagaimana menggunakannya dalam maksud yang sebenar. Chontohnya penggunaan resolves. Dalam ayat saudara itu, saya rasa pengunaan kata resloves di sana kurang tepat.

resolves = mencapai penyelasaian, mengakhiri sesuatu konflik, menjernihkan keadaan...
solves = cari penyelesaian, menangani masalah, memahami masalah...

jadi, berdasarkan ayat meck itu, saya rasa perkataan solves yang lebih sesuai. Tapi masih ada masalah juga dengan ayat meck itu, sebab solve sepatutnya berkaitan dengan masalah bukannya kesilapan. seperti 'solve problem' or 'resolve conflict'. Kalau 'mistake'... kita guna perkataan correct mistake. Tidak sesuai kalau solve mistake.
Sometimes we also confuse in using the word 'for' and 'to'. saya rasa ayat meck itu lebih sesuai jika meck guna 'for me'. Dalam bahasa melayupun kita kadang2 keliru juga membezakan kata 'untuk' dan 'kepada'. contoh ayat:
"Berikan pisau itu kepada saya"
"Bunga itu untuk sayakah?"
Tidak sesuai kalau begini, "Berikan pisau itu untuk saya" ... "Bunga itu kepada sayakah?"
Jadi dalam bahasa inggeris juga begitu. "Pass the knife to me" .. "Is that flower for me?" Tak sesuai kalau, "is that flower to me?"

I hope mr. orud and others will re-correct it if I myself make any mistake in my explanation.

Last edited by Yorut_orut on Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)
Back to top Go down
alphawaves

Number of posts : 1799

PostSubject: Re: the english version 'sasau ala canggung'   Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:28 am

Well it is good tutorial Mr orut, we are really appreciate the efforts made by you. Ok now i think we have a composition to be corrected by us.

Mr. Meck had written a long story while Mr Orut's put most of his effort to fix it, now i urged all members' co-operation to lean Mr orut a hand, and together we find out what is wrong in term of grammar on meck's composition.
Back to top Go down
alphawaves

PostSubject: Re: the english version 'sasau ala canggung'   Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:48 am

Ok first we look in this sentences..and find out what errors took place there.

1. but some story goes remains the same.politics...the politicians lucratively money fund nor has put this state(sabah) on the brink of poverty.rungkud says, sabah was the poorest state in malaysia with a domain percentage 23%.i feel so grim with this fact.

and this is my opinion:

*Some story==> the word 'some' means more than a one..therefore, 'story' suppose to be written as 'stories'.
Some story goes remains..==>it is the errors. meck, forgive me but u said 'some story' is equally to 'several story', when there were many stories how come 'goes' instead of 'go' have been placed there?

*i have two samples of correction here:
1. But some stories go remains at the same...or,
2. But story goes remains at the same..

* Please correct me too.
Back to top Go down
alphawaves

PostSubject: Re: the english version 'sasau ala canggung'   Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:52 am

2. sabah was the poorest state in malaysia with a domain percentage 23%..

Question: was or is?
Back to top Go down
Yorut_orut
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal

PostSubject: Re: the english version 'sasau ala canggung'   Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:08 am

alphawaves wrote:
2. sabah was the poorest state in malaysia with a domain percentage 23%..

Question: was or is?

I think it should be "Is"
Alasan saya ialah was ialah past tense sedangkan sabah masih wujud dan masih miskin. Kecuali jika ayat itu ditulis begini, once Sabah was the poorest state... yang bermaksud, Suatu masa dulu sabah adalah negeri yang termiskin.

betulkah komen saya ini alpha?
Back to top Go down
alphawaves

PostSubject: Re: the english version 'sasau ala canggung'   Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:15 pm

Absolutely Sir orut. A agree with you. once upon a time, i was someone who confused the apropriate usage of 'was'..then i studied this 'to be' grammar trough newspaper reading, novels and of course english grammar books.

I know i am not fully absorbed the meaning yet but basically i can sense which pasages the 'was' should take place.

P/S: Was is past tense of is..Past tense is an event occured in the past so when it written as :sabah was the poorest state in malaysia with a domain percentage 23%.., the sentence itself conveys a message that sabah is the richest state in the malaysia now. (at the moment all of us reading this article.)
Back to top Go down
Yorut_orut
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal

PostSubject: Re: the english version 'sasau ala canggung'   Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:34 pm

I hope the explanations help meck_talika...
And please ... I myself need your (all of you) quidance in english grammar...
Back to top Go down
meck_talika
Kapten
Kapten

PostSubject: Re: the english version 'sasau ala canggung'   Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:40 pm

it's really nice to to learn more,and thanks to mr orut and alpha for responding on my worst grammar.i have another problem,especially..my spelling.sometime,when i need to think fast,i can't write 'right' but 'rite' or 'have' but 'huv'.maybe,i should try to be a little more formal.
Back to top Go down
Yorut_orut
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal

PostSubject: Re: the english version 'sasau ala canggung'   Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:33 pm

Meck..your spelling 'rite' for 'right' tak berapa sesuai sebab rite pun ada maksudnya. kalau huv for have ok la...
And yes ... if you want to improve, try to be more formal so that our teacher know whether you made an error or you deliberately writes it that way.
Back to top Go down
meck_talika
Kapten
Kapten

PostSubject: Re: the english version 'sasau ala canggung'   Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:11 pm

which one is correct...to spell 'center' or 'centre' in formal orut?ini yang susah...
Back to top Go down
Yorut_orut
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal

PostSubject: Re: the english version 'sasau ala canggung'   Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:03 am

regarding spelling, microsoft word can be a great help for us. if you are not sure whether your spelling is correct or not.. just type the word in the microsoft word. If the spelling is wrong ms word will correct it. (But I'm sure you already know this)...
It is also a great help if you download free dictionary from the internet...

ops!.. lupa pula.. center dan centre kedua-duanya betul tetapi jika berpandukan ms word.. msword guna 'center'
Seperti juga ejaan color dan colour kedua-duanya betul tapi msword guna color.. ini cuma perbezaan antara spelling USA dan England ..barangkali la.. tapi kalau ko tingu kamus, kedua-duanya boleh pakai.

Last edited by Yorut_orut on Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding sentences)
Back to top Go down
orud
Paranormal Master

PostSubject: Re: the english version 'sasau ala canggung'   Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:38 am

Feel free to refer here:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/center[1]
Back to top Go down
meck_talika
Kapten
Kapten

PostSubject: Re: the english version 'sasau ala canggung'   Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:33 pm

ooo..i see.thank for that add orud.
Back to top Go down
pukutarap
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal

Number of posts : 5044
Humor : ambikmu.....!

PostSubject: Re: the english version 'sasau ala canggung'   Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:42 pm

as i said before, we are very lucky to have mr.orud here..... i'm sure that he is very sincere to help us to improve our english..... tq gaman.....
Back to top Go down
http://ilovesabah.forumotion.net/forum.htm
orud
Paranormal Master

PostSubject: Re: the english version 'sasau ala canggung'   Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:16 am

hehee.. mr rungkud said "still fishing"
Back to top Go down
pukutarap
Lord Marshal
Lord Marshal

Number of posts : 5044
Humor : ambikmu.....!

PostSubject: Re: the english version 'sasau ala canggung'   Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:26 am

hihihihiiiiii gaman, never give up fishing...... i'm now using digi broadband, it's very good than celcom broadband, but this is not mine, i borrow it from my cousin...... the speed is about 460.8 kbs...... since my tmnet connection is no where to be seen, i think i'm going to have one digi broadband..... the rental is about rm60-70 monthly......
Back to top Go down
http://ilovesabah.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: the english version 'sasau ala canggung'   Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:22 am

very good mr.jeneral... i also very busy with my daily life... so many things to do, until i don't have enough time to join you all here... anyway, welcome back to you & thanks also to all ilsf members for their involvement in ilsf... tq
Back to top Go down
http://ilovesabah.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the english version 'sasau ala canggung'   Today at 5:57 pm

Back to top Go down

the english version 'sasau ala canggung'
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
To Know is To Love Sabah :: I LOVE SABAH Lobby :: Speak English-
Jump to: